The University of Scranton is known for many things, especially academic prestige, exceptional sense of community, and state-of-the-art facilities and technology.
Founded in 1888, the University offers 68 undergraduate and more than 30 graduate academic programs of study.
The total student body population is approximately 5,300 students (3,729 undergraduate and 1,557 graduate) including 120 international students from 23 countries.
At The University of Scranton, while receiving an excellent education, you will be able to immerse yourself in the American culture, finding a place to call your home away from home.
Scranton is the sixth-largest city in Pennsylvania and a vibrant college town, home to five colleges and universities.
Known as the Electric City — we were the first U.S. city to have an electric-powered streetcar — Scranton today finds its energy from many other sources, namely our popular coffeehouses, eateries, festivals, minor-league sports teams and a well-known Office, Dunder Mifflin, from the hit television series The Office.
Starting with orientation for international students and continuing to graduation, the OISSS is here to answer your questions and help you with everything from visa applications to complimentary pick-up service at Scranton’s airport or bus terminal. Learn more
Other Campus Support Services
- Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) - provides students with English language support, tutoring and coaching, reading services, a writing
centerand support for students with disabilities. Learn more
- Academic advisors help students to plan their schedules and paths to success. Learn more
- International Student Club (ISC]
- Students engage in activities such as whitewater rafting, attending sporting events and exploring major cities like New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and Baltimore.
- Through meetings and the Cultural Exchange Program, students can discuss their culture and gain awareness of other cultures.
- During holidays and breaks, students are offered hospitality by faculty and staff as part of our International Friendship Program. Learn more
Our goal is to make the application process easy for international students. Remember that we require all documents to be official and translated into English.