- Each year, the University offers more than 100 free events to the public.
- The University created nearly $319.6 million in overall economic output and supported 1,953 jobs according to data from an Institute for Public Policy and Economic Development impact study completed in 2018.
- On average, each student spends $36 per month dining out downtown.
- Community organizations held more than 8,013 events at the University since 2004.
- The University voluntarily contributed $200,000 to the City of Scranton in 2017, $150,000 of which targets economic development in downtown Scranton through Scranton Tomorrow and $50,000 supporting public safety efforts.
- The University has invested in more than 34 major construction projects since 1980.
- The Scranton Small Business Development Center provided 908 consulting hours to 139 clients in the City of Scranton in 2017 with a total of more than 12,000 hours in the past 38 years.
- 2,113 students from the J.A. Panuska College of Professional Students completed 28,693 service hours in the 2017-2018 academic year, most of which took place in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
- Student, physician and nurse volunteers in the Leahy Clinic provide free healthcare services to Lackawanna County’s uninsured residents — 1,023 patients in 2017.
- The University awarded more than $70 million in student aid in 2017-2018.